Workshop | Timeless Arches - Mixed Media Workshop with Kellee Wynne
Mixed Media workshop
Instructor: Kellee Wynne
Date: Sunday, August 12, 2018
Time: 11:- 5:30
Class Fee: $125.00
The first time Kellee taught this mixed media workshop it was a huge success, and many of you asked if we would offer it again….. So back by popular demand ( and we know you won’t want to miss the opportunity to take the second round) is her very unique and inspiring mixed media workshop.
Kellee Wynne is fast becoming a “fan favorite” at The Queen’s Ink. Her Arches workshop will transport you back to a romantic period of time with classic architecture elements and images of vintage women. Learn how to create interesting layers of texture in your artwork with paint, paper, mark making and classic line drawing. No worries if you’re not a drawer, we will have architecture templates to make the results effortless. Complete the work with a touch of gold leaf to really make it stand out. Don’t hesitate to take this class for a second time because Kellee has added some new images and advanced techniques to learn this time around!
We will finish several pieces on beautiful kraft colored printmakers paper in varying sizes and one finished painting on 11x14 cradled board, ready to hang!
Note from Patti: “I must say this is one of my all time favorite workshops!” This workshop is suitable for the beginning student as well as the seasoned artist.
Students Supply List:
- Art Journal or heavy paper for practice
- Apron and a palette or paper plate for paint mixing.
- Graphite stick, liquid graphite or charcoal pencils
- Stencils, mark making tools
- A variety of brushes in a range of sizes. Flat size 6, 10 and 12 are especially recommended. (Princeton Catalyst is the teacher’s favorite)
- Gel Medium (Golden)
- Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint: black, titan buff, Van Dyke brown, gold (4oz size or larger). Optional to add copper, silver or ochre. We will have these paints in stock at The Queen’s Ink for this workshop at a 25% discount
- Professional grade Gesso
Instructor will provide collage materiel (ie, vintage women, etc.) , Architecture images and stencils to share as well as drawing outlines and templates to make it easy for the non-drawers. Some paint to share.