Workshop | 50 Shades of Play with Terry Quinn
50 Shades of Play
Instructor: Terry Quinn
Date: Saturday, April 13, 2019
Time: 11:00 – 5:00
BEWARE! Gelli Printing can be addictive! One of our most popular workshops is back on the schedule and it's geared to students of all skill levels. Spend the day with Terry discovering fun and creative ways to make interesting marks, patterns, textures, and designs on a variety of paper to create one-of-a-kind lusciously colorful backgrounds. By the end of the class you will have completed tons of backgrounds, enough to make at least one 50 page mini journal (2.5” x 3”). While the journals will be beautiful all on their own, these pages make the perfect backgrounds for collage, doodling and journaling.
You will learn basic mono-printing techniques, experiment with lots of stencils, masks and texture tools.
Supplies Needed to Bring:
- Gelli Plate or Gel Press if you have one. If not, don’t worry, we have one you can borrow
- Acrylic Paints (5 or 6 of your favorite colors + white will be plenty)
– Glue stick(s) or double sided tape
– Acrylic Paint (5-6 of your favorite colors + White)
- Paper for printing
- Stencils & masks to share
- Texture plates & tools to share
- Paint to share