Workshop | True Colors | Trees in all Seasons with Kellee Wynne
Trees in all Seasons
Instructor: Kellee Wynne
Date: Saturday, November 3rd, 2018
Time: 10:30 – 5:00
Class Fee: $125.00
Description: By popular demand, the True Colors painting series with Kellee Wynne continues with trees! True Colors is designed to help any artist learn the foundation of acrylic painting while still having fun. Let’s build confidence while finding your true style in an easy, relaxed setting. By painting in an abstract manner, you can approach the canvas with the confidence of knowing that anything goes when you’re creating loose and free.
“Trees in all Seasons” is perfect for artists at any level, from beginner to experienced..This class will have individualized, thorough instructions on color mixing, composition and design - all while building the foundation for bold and beautiful trees of all seasons. In every True Colors class we review:
- Which paints and mediums to use in acrylic painting.
- How to choose and mix colors.
- The best ways to start a painting.
- What makes a good composition.
- Fun techniques to build layers of paint.
- How to add texture to make the painting pop.
- When to finish a painting and make your final mark.
- Learn how to analyze your own artwork.
Supplies Needed from Artist:
- Art Journal, extra heavy paper for practice.
- Golden Acrylic Fluid OR Heavy Body Paints in Primary Cyan, Primary Yellow, Primary Magenta, and Titanium White (I recommend 4oz. size or larger)
- Optional additional colors in either heavy body or fluid paint by Golden: Pyrrole or Cadmium Red, Turquoise, Teal, Prussian Blue, Green-Gold, Permanent Violet Hue, Indian Yellow Hue, Van Dyke Brown and any of your other favorite colors.
- A variety of brushes in a range of sizes. Flat size ½ to 1 inch are especially recommended. (Princeton Catalyst is the teacher’s favorite)
- Liquitex Professional Grade White Gesso ( teachers preference, but bring what you already may have)
- Palette for mixing paint
- Palette knife
***Several canvas boards will be provided for your final paintings.***