Workshop | True Colors: Mini Seascape Paintings with Kellee Wynne
Instructor: Kellee Wynne
Date: Saturday, May 12th, 2018
Time: 10:30 – 5:30
Class Fee: $125.00
“Mini Seascape Paintings” is the second class in the 3 part series that is perfect for artists at any level, from beginner to experienced. Each class is a stand alone class and will have individualized, thorough instructions. Take one class or take all three to dive deeper into your art practice through acrylic painting. In the True Color Series you will learn:
- Which paints and mediums to use in acrylic painting.
- How to choose and mix colors.
- The best ways to start a painting.
- What makes a good composition.
- Fun techniques to build layers of paint.
- How to add texture to make the painting pop.
- When to finish a painting and make your final mark.
- Learn how to analyze your own artwork.
We will be painting a set of nine mini paintings in playful, vibrant colors. Students will be guided step by step on how to work on them all at once to build up little seascape scenes with varying styles of a cloudy sky.
Student Supply List:
- Art Journal, extra heavy paper for extra practice or “Mop up”.
- Golden Acrylic Fluid Paints in Primary Cyan, Primary Yellow and Primary Magenta (4oz size or larger)
- Golden Acrylic Heavy Body Paints in Primary Cyan, Primary Yellow and Primary Magenta, Titanium White (4oz. Size or larger)
- Optional additional colors: Pyrrole or Cadmium Red, Turquoise, Teal, Prussian blue, Green-Gold,Permanent Violet Hue, Van Dyke Brown and any of your other favorite colors.
- A variety of brushes in a range of sizes. Flat size 6 and 10 especially recommended. (Princeton Catalyst is the teacher’s favorite)
- Professional grade Gesso, like Liquitex
- Palette for mixing paint
- Palette knives
Instructor will provide:
- Samples of paint to try
- 9 mini canvases
- Educational handouts